Pages

24 October 2016

Who Says Tool Boxes Are For Men?..



Not me!

A few years ago I was teasing Mr Builder about the sheer quantity of tools he had and the various tool boxes.  I was in one of 'those' moods and announced that I needed a toolbox too!! It's a pity you don't know Mr Builder because you'd understand 'the look' and accompanying "Of course you do My Treasure".  The next obvious question was "And what are you going to put in your tool box, the butter knife you use for a screwdriver and the meat tenderiser, I mean, hammer you have?".. Oh this man had no clue.  It was obvious to me that I needed a tool box for, you know, Stuff!

Move ahead a few months.  I need a toolbox.  I need a place to put my tools.  Again the question "What tools" came up.  Well Smarty Pants, you have your tools for work, I have .. crochet hooks, knitting needles, and things.


I got a tool box!  A very heavy, cumbersome, piece of furniture type toolbox.  A limited Edition Wooden Kingchrome Tool box. Mr Builder doesn't do things by halves!

Move along to the current day and I've downsized my tool box because lets face it, the Kingchrome is not the sort of thing you can pick up and throw in the car for travel projects. The Kingchrome is relegated to the living room as a wee coffee table and holds the gazillion needles and hooks, patterns and assorted bits and pieces that aren't used anymore but the things I can't part with.

These days I have a wee little sewing basket.  Big enough to throw a project in, with a wee tray for tools.  I also use a trolley for around the house, perfect for piling things into and moving an entire workspace  from one room to the other

So what is in the Tool Box?


The bare 'essentials'.

Glasses Cleaner and cloth.
Nail file and Body Shop Pink Grapefruit hand cream
Clover Darning needles and needle threader
Stitch Markers,
Knitting needle cable ends and T pin for tightening Interchangeable needles.
Clip for holding pattern.
Clover Kacha Kacha Row Counter
An old pill box of my Mum's for sentimental reasons but perfect for holding wee cable connectors.
Scissors and a Pen.
And the ever resourceful notebook.

I love this little tool tray.  It's portable, I can throw it in the tool box if I'm travelling in the car or I can pop it on my Trolley when I'm working at home.


Do you have a tool box and what's in it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out of your day to comment and share your thoughts..